Covid-19 Updates and Procedures
Power Volleyball Procedures
- All coaches and athletes are required to wear masks before clinics start and after clinics end.
- Athletes and coaches will not be required to wear a mask during the clinics.
- All players attending must enter through the front doors and exit through our side doors.
- We ask that if you have been feeling sick, feverish, or been around anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- We will have sanitizer available as well as cleaning materials for the balls and carts.
- We are not allowing spectators to be present during our indoor events.
The Sports Cabana Health and Safety Policy
In response to Governor Abbott’s Executive Order of June 26, 2020 (GA‐28), McKinney Mayor, George Fuller, issued a Fourth Revised Mayoral Declaration, dated June 29, 2020, requiring all local businesses to implement a Health and Safety Policy as of July 1, 2020 at 12:01 pm. In compliance with this declaration, below is The Sports Cabana’s Health and Safety Policy that applies to all employees, athletes, coaches, spectators and other visitors:
1. Do not enter the facility if you:
a. are exhibiting, including the last forty‐eight (48) hours, any new or worsening symptoms of possible COVID‐19 such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, headache, sore throat, diarrhea or other symptoms identified by the CDC (cdc.gov).
b. have knowingly been in close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID‐19 within the last fourteen (14) days.
2. Self‐check temperature immediately before entering to make sure temperature is not greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS that cover the nose and mouth except only athletes and coaches may remove such face covering, at their option, when engaged in exercising or
other sport activity on the court area.
4. During an event, no more than 100 total people (or 50 per side or 25 per court) will be allowed inside the facility. Events run by The Sports Cabana will be monitored by The
Sports Cabana staff and events run by a 3rd party will be monitored by the 3rd party.
5. Hand Sanitizer station is available upon entry or soap and water is available in the bathrooms but if possible, bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. Be aware of the enhanced risks of being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for fourteen (14) days after participating in a sporting event or practice.
View information for our 2020-2021 Club Season.
Elite Skills Clinics
Every Sunday afternoon
July 5, 12, 19, 26
11-13’s: 1:00-2:00 pm
14-15’s: 2:00-3:00 pm
16-18’s: 3:00-4:00 pm
Interested in joining our club? Attend our eval clinics to meet our coaches and see if we are the right fit for your family.
Evaluation window opens July 25-Aug 1st (15-18’s)
August 8-15th (11-14’s)