Power Prep Academy
What is the Power Prep Academy?
Power volleyball is pleased to announce the start of our youth development academy called “Power Prep Academy”. The purpose of this program is to help our younger athletes develop and improve upon their technique, skills, volleyball IQ and love for the game with the goal of eventually joining one of our national or regional club teams.
This is a great way to be introduced to the sport of volleyball as well as refine existing skills without the pressures of being part of a competitive club team.
Our Power Prep Academy is designed for our younger athletes Ages 6-11, and will play on a lower net and use an Under 12 molten volleyball.
Throughout the program our athletes will learn how to properly pass, serve, set and hit. We will also teach and explain the rules and strategies of the game and most importantly how to have fun playing volleyball!
We offer multiple options for kids to participate year round.
Spring Training: March- May
Our popular Power Prep Academy Spring training clinics program is designed for kids, ages 6-11 (grades 1-6), to improve their skills and knowledge of the game. We break down each skill over the 8 week session with the goal of developing proper techniques that translate to game play.
- Tuesdays: 5:00-6:00 PM (1st -4th Graders)
- Tuesdays: 6:00-7:00 PM (1st -4th Graders)
- Tuesdays: 5:00-6:00 PM (5th & 6th Graders)
- Tuesdays: 7:00-8:00 PM (5th & 6th Graders)
- March: 6, 20, 27, April: 3, 10, 17, 24, May: 1
- Cost: $160 for the program or $25 Daily Drop In
- Practices will be held at the Sports Cabana at Craig Ranch
- 6145 Alma Rd, McKinney, TX 75070